The holiday season is fast approaching! While many are temporarily going to remove their home from listing until the New Year…I want to show you that strategically, it’s a great time to list!
1) Assuming many will break from selling their home during the holidays, what does that mean for you? I’ll tell you…it means LESS COMPETITION! If you’re competing with fewer homes for sale, you could potentially sell your home faster and for more money. How do you argue with that?
2) Why wait till spring? In spring a lot of sellers are jumping back into the market to list, which can cause competition and consequently the need to lower prices. If you can have the opportunity to avoid such competition…shouldn’t you?
3) While there are fewer buyers during the holiday season…the buyers that do remain tend to be of higher quality. In other words, those looking to purchase a home during the holidays are probably more motivated and serious to buy. Sell at this time and you can deal with stronger buyers as opposed to just “lookie-loos”.
4) Have you seen the homes tastefully decorated for the holidays? Imagine viewing a home with the smell off cookies baking, a fireplace roaring a warm and cozy ambiance, and just the right amount of tasteful décor to create a homey feeling…can this can be yours? It sure can! With proper staging, a home shown during the holidays has the leverage and opportunity to show better than any other season.
5) Not only is it strategically a great time to sell during the holidays, but there are many benefits for buyers, which can be pointed out while marketing the listing. For instance, historically, interest rates are lower during this time and buyers are able to finance a home at a lower cost. Also, buyers able to close before the end of the year could be eligible for tax credits (i.e. deductions for mortgage interests, real estate taxes, and PMI premiums). Furthermore, companies tend to give more time off during this time, thus buyers have more free time to attend showings. And of course, loans can be processed quicker because it is a slower month in the mortgage industry.
Selling your home during the holidays can be a win-win situation, for both buyers and sellers. You don’t have to nor should you wait until spring to list along with everyone else. Think outside of the box and take advantage of the strategic benefits for listing during the holiday season. And I end this with a Les Brown quote…