Sell Your Home This Summer – The weather isn’t the only thing sizzling this summer. Southern California’s real estate market is stronger than ever this summer, so if you were planning on selling your home, now is the time. The real estate market is hot, people have more time to list and buy, as well as families want to settle into their new home before the school season is back in session.
5 Reasons to Sell Your Home This Summer:
1) Ready and qualified buyers are on the hunt to purchase a home – According to a the latest report by the National Association of Realtors (NAR), buyer demand is remaining strong. In fact, the Buyer Traffic Index is at 63 – which an index greater than 50 means more respondents reported conditions as strong compared to a year ago. Accordingly, if you’re looking to present your home to willing, ready, and qualified buyers, this summer is better than ever.
2) Don’t wait to list and get lost among more competition – Taking advantage of the strong real estate market, an increasing number of home sellers are starting to enter the market, particularly those looking to sell their higher end, luxury homes. What does this mean to you as a seller? Well, it’s better to sell your home sooner than later. It’s better to sell now before you’re competing with more and more sellers.
3) Now is the time to sell your existing home and purchase a move up property – According to NAR, there has been an increasing number of first time home buyers on the market as well. Therefore, if you are planning on selling a starter or trade-up home, it will sell quickly. Moreover, reports are forecasting home values to increase by 4.8% over the next year. So, if you are in the market to purchase a higher end / luxury home, you will save more money doing it now instead of waiting. Waiting to purchase at the higher price can lead you to pay more in terms of a down payment and mortgage payments.
4) Listing your home during the summer allows you to leverage the longer days and longer weekends to your advantage – It’s no secret that summer offers more free time. Kids are off from school, families are using their vacation time, and sunny days and weekends are just longer. This works out great for both buyers and sellers. Buyers have more time to view listings and sellers have more time to prepare and list their home for sale. For instance, as a seller, have you been thinking of renovating or fixing up your home before you list, but been putting it off? If so, with the additional daylight and free time, what better time to take on these projects than summer?
5) Close before school is back in session – With the kids out for summer, the longer days and increase in free time allows for more buyers to be out and about longer and life to slow down a bit. Therefore, summer is a great time to both list and buy before you have to go back into the hustle and bustle of life.
In short, if you’re looking to sell for more and buy for less, summer is the time to list. List now as the summer season can potentially bring you more showings, offers, and better sales price, at the same time, purchase before home prices increase even more.
As always, if you need any help listing or buying a home, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Want to view available listings?SEARCH THE FULL MLS HERE.